Select style & size:Select options
Black Hole 55L Duffel Bag
Patagonia calls its line of ultra-durable duffel bags the Black Hole series because they swallow up clothes and gear in a seemingly endless void of space, and even though it's not the largest in the lineup, the Black Hole 55L Duffel Bag might embody this more than any other. You'll be pleasantly surprised by its storage capacity on gear-intensive weekend travels or longer trips where you end up packing a bit lighter. Its burly and bombroof ripstop fabric withstands wear and tear from endless adventures, and doesn't mind being tossed down on rocky and rugged surfaces. The Black Hole series also boasts a highly water-resistant construction that keeps your stuff dry from all but the most relentless downpours, so you can have some peace of mind when your bag's resting in the back of a pickup. Deployable backpack straps make it easy to carry when you're wandering new cities or hiking trails, while daisy chain loops provide lashing points for extra equipment and gear.
- Patagonia's toughest and most versatile duffel for all your travels
- Ultra-durable ripstop fabric withstands the wear of rugged trips
- Highly water-resistant construction keeps your gear dry in the rain
- Backpack straps make it easy to carry through crowded city streets
- Daisy chain loops let you lash on any gear that won't fit in the bag
- Zippered side pocket is a handy place to keep snacks and books
- Removable shoulder strap provides an additional hands-free carry
- 55L size offers versatility for both weekend travel and longer trips
- Item #PAT02ZC
- Q & A
Lives up to its name
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Need to go anywhere and carry EVERYTHING?? The Black Hole series will carry it all. The bags are durable, water resistant, zippers are solid, and they can carry anything and everything under the sun. The 55L is a perfect size for weekend trips, and even goes as a carry-on! Love these bags and will continue to buy more to carry everything I own.
What are the dimensions, preferably in inches, of the Black Hole series of duffel bags? I am in need of a new duffel, and I can't decide based on Liters. Please help.
Does this bag fit TSA standards for carry ons?